Douglas W. Colville, of Counsel
- Surety Law
- Construction Law
- Commercial Law
- Business Law
- Mechanics Liens
- Landlord and Tenant Law
Mr. Douglas W. Colville, Esq.
8400 E. Prentice Avenue
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
- 1988, Colorado, U.S. District Court, District of Colorado and U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit.
- Colorado State University, B.S., 1985
- University of Oregon, J.D., 1988
- University of Oregon, Business Law Certificate
- Denver, Colorado and American Bar Associations (ABA Member, Business Law, Litigation and Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Sections)
- Rocky Mountain Chapter Independent Electrical Contractors, Inc., Kiwanis Club of Denver, President (2003-2004); Board Member (2001-2005 and 2008-2010).
Presentations / Publications
- "Limited Liability Companies: Their Impact on Surety Underwriting," Suretyscope, Journal of the National Association of Surety Bond Producers, Spring, 1995
- Contributing Author: Colorado Construction Law (ch. "Construction Sureties") (ed. 1999 and Chapter Supplements for 2003, 2005, 2007, and 2009), Construction Contracts- Traps for the Unwary Powerline, Part I-April 2001, Part II, June 2001
- Money is Tight, Should I pay my Subcontractors and Vendors? The Risks of Non-payment Powerline, June 2002
- Liens, Bonds and Contract Funds- Alternative Ways to Get Paid Powerline, January 2003